VAWG Research network
Resource and Helplines
- BocaRecoveryCenter.com is a free web resource and 24/7 helpline that provides information and support to people fighting physical, emotional, or sexual abuse and addiction.
- To cope with the trauma, some victims turn to the use of drugs and alcohol. Our mission is to be a support resource for those coping with these issues. Please take a look at our Trauma-Informed Therapy for Substance Use Disorders resource guide: bocarecoverycenter.com/treatment/trauma-informed/
- You may also be interested in the guide we share about the dangerous relationship between domestic violence and addiction: https://bocarecoverycenter.com/addiction/addiction-domestic-violence/
- Helping Survivors is an advocacy centre, whose mission is to assist anyone who has been victimized by sexual assault or abuse. Their website is a compilation of information around different instances of sexual violence. They offer resources to assist survivors and their families, and They will continuously be adding more. They recently made a guide specific to domestic violence and sexual abuse. It has tons of great info, including how to help someone who has experienced this type of abuse and warning signs to be aware of:
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse – helpingsurvivors.org/domestic-violence-and-sexual-abuse/