WEBINAR 4 – 23RD JULY 2020 – THE IMPACT OF COVID 19 ON VAWG SUPPORT SERVICES
You can watch the webinar here.
During the session a number of links and documents were shared via the chat function. In case you didn’t manage to get a note of them:
- In relation to survivors finding masks difficult, Tomi Ayodeji shared this Instagram resource from the Survivors Trust: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCySLSpjvfp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Some other great tips are available here: https://www.thesurvivorstrust.org/covid-19-are-you-concerned-about-wearing-a-mask
- And here: https://www.osarcc.org.uk/coping-with-a-face-covering-as-a-survivor-of-sexual-violence/
- Aisha Gill shared this article that she has written for the Independent on the neglect of black and minority specialist services: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-domestic-violence-women-girls-bame-race-a9510156.html
- Lauren Appleby provided the helpful statistic that Independent Stalking Advocacy case workers have seen a 70% increase in referrals
- Helena Nadova was asked to provide details of her support organisation working with the Roma Community – you can find more here at the TGP Cymru website: https://www.tgpcymru.org.uk/ or via Travelling Ahead: http://www.travellingahead.org.uk/contact/
While most of the questions raised in the chat were discussed at the time, we did not get a chance to answer all of the questions that were sent in advance. Katie Russell has therefore kindly gone through the questions and drafted some brief responses which you can read here.