Webinar 3 – 1st July 2021 – Wellbeing & Empowerment Through Funding Proposals: Principles for Inclusivity when Developing Bids
The recording of the session is available here.
You can find the slides here.
During the session, a number of resources were cited:
- Emma talked about the Women’s Aid Research Integrity Framework, which you can read more about here.
- Emma has provided slides for her presentation here.
- Negar shared the Hull Sisters Link Tree – there are loads of great resources on here, including the Go Fund Me page (see below)
- Lorna shared useful guidance from the National Institute for Health Research [NIHR] on proper payment of research participants: https://www.nihr.ac.uk/documents/payment-guidance-for-researchers-and-professionals/27392#Reward_and_recognition_for_children_and_young_people_involved_in_research
- Lorna shared this report by the Violence, Abuse and Mental Health Network [VAMHN] on the research topics prioritised by survivors
- In light of Sonia’s presentation about the exclusion of services by-and-for Black and minoritised women, we wanted to reshare the Ending Racism in VAWG pledge which includes equitable funding: https://www.endingracisminvawg.org/
- Tina has kindly provided her slides with a voiceover function – located here.
The charities/crowdfunders the panellists chose to support are listed below if you’d like to find out more about them or make further donations:
- Hull Sisters: https://uk.gofundme.com/f/safe-shelter-amp-centre-for-bame-women-in-hull
- Welsh Women’s Aid: https://www.welshwomensaid.org.uk/support-us/make-a-donation/
Opportunity to take part in research:
Viktoria Beran, a research study on the experiences of survivor-researchers
working on GBV. For more information, click here.
In the meantime:
- Please don’t forget to fill in our short feedback survey if you have time.
- If you have any other resources you’d like to share please send them in, we can also put them up or links to them on the VAWGRN website on the resources page.
- You can join the network at https://vawgnetwork.mdx.ac.uk/ and if you have any questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to email us VAWGRN@mdx.ac.uk
- VAWG Early Career Researcher (ECR) Network. We have lots of exciting plans for the ECR network that are centred upon supporting ECRs in their research journeys. This includes virtual networking events, a dedicated VAWGRN mentor/mentee scheme, an ECR network directory, workshops, and more! Make sure you’re signed up to the ECR mailing list if you’d like to join us and keep informed of ECR events- You can sign up for the ECR mailing list via https://vawgnetwork.mdx.ac.uk/join-the-network/ or via the sign-up link in our VAWGRN monthly newsletter.
- Finally if you haven’t already got tickets for the other webinars you can book them via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/violence-against-women-and-girls-research-network-29505660899